It's been far too long since I've last updated you with my beauty essentials - a few things have remained (loyal through and through!) and a few new favorites have earned their spot in my own personal beauty hall of fame. Because I have little time to waste in the morning (work awaits at the office!), my beauty routine is exactly that - a routine. A little boring, yes, but reliable and fast. And for a busy working girl on the go, that certainly counts for a lot! Here's the rundown:
- Revive Sensitif Oil-Free Lotion. A downright splurge, considering I was hooked on Olay's wallet-friendly moisturizer for years and years. But I've seen a considerable difference in my skin and it controls the oil throughout the day, especially when combined with the next item...
- Smashbox Photo Finish Light. I once made the mistake of forgetting to apply this - never again!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder and Duo Brush. It took me a while to get used to thicker brows and now I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation. This gives me the perfect amount of coverage.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. My favorite beauty item, applying this product makes me look instantly brighter and more awake.
- Bobbi Brown Blush in Peony. This has been a mainstay in my makeup bag for many years now - there's not another blush I'm willing to try!
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder. I dust my face with a little bit of this loose powder to "set" everything. The result? A more finished look.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices. The only eyeshadow that doesn't give me greasy eyelids, and the colors are just perfection.
- Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara and Shiseido Eyelash Curler. I never leave the house without a few pumps using the curler and a coat of mascara - this mascara actually keeps the curl in my stubbornly straight lashes.
- Benefit Magic Ink Eyeliner. When I first posted about this product, I used the words "my new love affair." It's true, and it's still going strong.
- Estee Lauder lipstick in Bitten Fig. My go-to lip color. Unfortunately, I last heard that this color was discontinued. I'm on my third and final tube, so I'll be on the hunt for a new perfect red soon!
Any makeup must-haves that I'm missing? Would love to hear your favorites!